Tithe Online

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

wearingaredhat wrote:In Switzerland member's almost always pay through bank transfer.
You can add Italy too!
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wearingaredhat wrote:In Switzerland member's almost always pay through bank transfer. I wonder when it will become common place in the US as well.
There have been many requests for this in the United States and Canada. This is a case where the international community is ahead in this regard. I would not be surprised if folks were working on setting up the infrastructure to handle donations this way, but it is not yet in place, and we have been asked for now to continue to contribute as we have been doing.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I don't know how it works in Swiss, but here (Italy) this is easy because ALL Italian Units has their bank account in the same Bank!
This mean that there is only One account with multiples sub-account (one for each unit).
Any way I don't see too many problems to solve even with many bank accounts. MLS manage e-payments as check. Instead to register the check number we register "bonifico" (Italian word for bank-payment).
For audit pourpose, we include the bank receipt with donations form.
That's all.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

marianomarini wrote:I don't know how it works in Swiss, but here (Italy) this is easy because ALL Italian Units has their bank account in the same Bank!
This mean that there is only One account with multiples sub-account (one for each unit).
Any way I don't see too many problems to solve even with many bank accounts. MLS manage e-payments as check. Instead to register the check number we register "bonifico" (Italian word for bank-payment).
For audit pourpose, we include the bank receipt with donations form.
That's all.

I know that one of my members has been having his tithing donation transferred out of his paycheck. I think I have a link to get the information, but you need something like direct deposit to a bank account to do it.

He loves it.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

harddrive wrote:I know that one of my members has been having his tithing donation transferred out of his paycheck. I think I have a link to get the information, but you need something like direct deposit to a bank account to do it.
Sorry, my bad english makes me confused.:)
Are you saying that direct deposit is not possible or that it doesn't give a receipt?
It seems very strange to me that the bank doesn't gives something like a tranfert confirmation!
If you said somthing different, excuse me. I beg your pardon.
brandonreed08

Re: Tithe Online

Post by brandonreed08 »

I posted a comment on an lds group on facebook about this and a member in Finland said they could pay online and have done so for the last ten years. I suspect the church is testing out online payment systems abroad. I suggest we all pray it to the US. Remember all things that are good and expedient that are prayed for will come to pass. These systems are not new tech anymore and it is coming to the point where the church won't be able to choose, it will be forced to create an online solution because there is no alternative or the alternatives are too expensive for the membership to use.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Just call the church, ask for the donations department, and you're in.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brandonreed08 wrote:I posted a comment on an lds group on facebook about this and a member in Finland said they could pay online and have done so for the last ten years.
Different banking system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
blakehall

Post by blakehall »

I am a Java software engineer in the Salt Lake area and would love to donate the functionality to the church to enable electronic rent payments in the US (ach) and Canada (eft). I have tried to contact the church and never received a response. I have a few other members who would also donate their time to make this a reality.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I doubt if the issue is the resources needed to develop, but rather the banking system itself and cost per transaction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”