emergency prep zones support on new lds.org maps functionality

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RossEvans wrote: However, I am unaware of any top-down instruction through channels telling units to saddle up and do it.
The direction I have received to complete it came from the stake president (via the clerk). He got it from the regional welfare council. I think it might be an Area by Area thing (or some other size). I'm guessing that the issue of geographical size is part of the considerations as to why it is being asked for in some areas versus others.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

JonesRK wrote:The direction I have received to complete it came from the stake president (via the clerk). He got it from the regional welfare council. I think it might be an Area by Area thing (or some other size). I'm guessing that the issue of geographical size is part of the considerations as to why it is being asked for in some areas versus others.

Well, that would be sort of consistent with the way the legacy "Geo Code" fields in MLS have traditionally been handled -- by local direction. But they do not affect a central asset like the map database. BTW, populating those "Geo Code" fields manually can take even more work than capturing the lat/lon coordinates, and ultimately is less valuable.

(Of course, I am only an assistant ward clerk, so there may be plans of which I am unaware.)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”