Mormon Channel for Roku

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
todrobbins

Mormon Channel for Roku

Post by todrobbins »

Would the LDSTech community be interested in starting a Mormon Channel port for Roku? There are numerous other religious channels already and it could be a great area to spread the good news. Most of the content featured on the iPod/iPad app, Android app, etc., will work with the streaming media nature of the Roku. Anyhow, just a thought I had last night while we were watching some shows on our Roku.

Here's a link to the Roku SDK if anyone want to peak around at the option:

http://www.roku.com/developer

Tod
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

todd.d.robbins wrote:Would the LDSTech community be interested in starting a Mormon Channel port for Roku? There are numerous other religious channels already and it could be a great area to spread the good news. Most of the content featured on the iPod/iPad app, Android app, etc., will work with the streaming media nature of the Roku. Anyhow, just a thought I had last night while we were watching some shows on our Roku.
An official effort is already underway. See the thread containing this post:
jonesrc wrote:We are working on the design of an Official Channel from the Church and the intention at this point is to include Conference, Mormon Messages, and S&I Firesides. Your suggestions on additional content are welcome as well and appreciated. We'll have to engage BYUTV in some talks, seems to be a very hot item.
It would probably be best to give any responses to that thread, rather than this new one.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”