MLS a Web-app? (Over crowded Clerk's Office)

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
atom88-p40

standardized callings

Post by atom88-p40 »

Yeah, I guess technically I am an assistant ward clerk and so I need to have the calling list in MLS updated to reflect that so that I can get the correct rights.

Thanks for helping me understand that.

What about website admin rights to upload photo directory pictures? In the old Ward directory site I could do that? I don't appear to have that ability now in the new one? Will I get both if I'm an "assistant ward clerk" in Windows MLS?

Thanks,

-- Adam
atom88-p40

New MLS web version online!

Post by atom88-p40 »

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Leader_Portal

http://new.lds.org/leader

Well, it looks like the REAL answer to the question is that YES the church FINALLY has an MLS web app that is approaching what MLS windows is now!

See the above links for access.

*Note: You have to have the "standard callings" in the windows MLS version to get access on your lds account.

-- Adam
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

atom88 wrote:https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Leader_PortalWell, it looks like the REAL answer to the question is that YES the church FINALLY has an MLS web app that is approaching what MLS windows is now!
Although the progress on the Leader Tools on new.lds.org is certainly exciting, it has a long ways to go before it could be described as "approaching what MLS windows is now." There is no way to update any information, and financial information is not there at all. So I'd say that the web offering is at best 20% of what is available on the desktop application.

Nonetheless, the direction is clear that MLS functionality is moving to the Web, and that is certainly encouraging.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cconrad

I think you can update (?) - But HP Group leaders need access

Post by cconrad »

Alan_Brown wrote:...There is no way to update any information, ...

My ward clerk assures me that he can update and has updated information from the comfort of his home, but perhaps this is new only in the last few days?

As a High Priests Group leader I would very much like to have access to the leader tools to be able to tweek home teaching routes. (And I would like my secretary to be able to update results too.) Is this coming soon?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cconrad wrote:My ward clerk assures me that he can update and has updated information from the comfort of his home, but perhaps this is new only in the last few days?
That's news to me. I'd be interested in hearing what those things are, beyond the email address and phone number changes that can be done in the directory application.
cconrad wrote:As a High Priests Group leader I would very much like to have access to the leader tools to be able to tweek home teaching routes. (And I would like my secretary to be able to update results too.) Is this coming soon?
There is no online access to home teaching routes at this point. Some development has been done in that direction, but certainly nothing is live. I have no idea when such a thing might be done -- no roadmap with dates has been published.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cconrad

Post by cconrad »

Alan_Brown wrote:That's news to me. I'd be interested in hearing what those things are, beyond the email address and phone number changes that can be done in the directory application.

Ah, it was just email and phone number changes.
Alan_Brown wrote:There is no online access to home teaching routes at this point. Some development has been done in that direction, but certainly nothing is live. I have no idea when such a thing might be done -- no roadmap with dates has been published.

That's too bad. Access for HTing and VTing would really make a lot of lives easier and reduce trips to the church, contention for the church PC, etc.
atom88-p40

MLS web by end of 2011?

Post by atom88-p40 »

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... #post51701

this thread says that they're working on getting MLS updating Web functions up and running by the end of 2011... If it's like most IT development those dates / goals will probably slip a bit.... but it's good to see that they at least have it on the radar and are making it a priority! ;_
atom88-p40

leader access timeframe?

Post by atom88-p40 »

Okay, so I now have the correct "Assistant ward clerk" calling in my ward MLS which is also showing up in new.lds.org/directory .... however, when I go to new.lds.org/leaders it still says "access denied" Is there a lag time of how soon after MLS is updated until you have access? Or does some ward or stake admin have to "approve" your admin rights?

I was under the impression that as soon as you had the correct default MLS callings you would get access? How does the process work and what are the timeframes?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

atom88 wrote:Okay, so I now have the correct "Assistant ward clerk" calling in my ward MLS which is also showing up in new.lds.org/directory .... however, when I go to new.lds.org/leaders it still says "access denied" Is there a lag time of how soon after MLS is updated until you have access? Or does some ward or stake admin have to "approve" your admin rights?

I was under the impression that as soon as you had the correct default MLS callings you would get access? How does the process work and what are the timeframes?
I believe there is a lag that can be 2-3 days. I know that the first step is for the calling to get into CDOL. That usually happens within an hour. If you are in CDOL as an assistant clerk you can login and search on your ward and see all the callings, also in new.lds.org/directory your calling will show up as soon as it is in CDOL. As far as it giving you rights to the features in new.lds.org the callings are 'exported' nightly and then I believe there is some other process that happens (that is the part I don't know), before it gets into the access control system.
atom88-p40

thanks...

Post by atom88-p40 »

Okay, thanks I'll give it a few days and see when it shows up. I'm in CDOL (as the correct calling) now and it works fine for me to login also. I'll just wait for the "leaders" site to be updated and check back in a few days ;)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”