Ward Photo Directory Template

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

gabeblack wrote:Is the MLS CSV file documented?
You may also find this LDS Tech Wiki article helpful:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/MLS_Export
gabeblack-p40

Post by gabeblack-p40 »

Ok, I uploaded a new version that hopefully does MLS CSV files. Again I don't have access to MLS and I was able to use a sample MLS file that redzarf provided me that had a couple of entries, but some of the fields seem a little redundant, so I'm unsure how it will turn out on a larger CSV export.

I'll comment my code sometime this week and opensource the program by this weekend.

Thanks redzarf for the feedback!
gabeblack-p40

Post by gabeblack-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:You may also find this LDS Tech Wiki article helpful:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/MLS_Export
Unfortunately it wasn't too helpful... seemed to more about telling the user of the different types of exports and a little documentation on the palm import headers... but nothing on the MLS export CSV headers. However, hopefully with the small sample that redzarf provided I've done it right.
gabeblack-p40

Post by gabeblack-p40 »

I've opensourced the program GPLv3 and posted the source. I'd like to put it on a more suitable location (sourceforge?) but in the meantime it is on the blog. I also realized when reading this thread that the program may have only worked for my ward because of an assumption I had made on the number of fields. Anyway, I think it should work for all ward website csv exports now.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”