Online MLS?!

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

kisaac wrote:For example, in the beta meetinghouse locator tool, the ward clerk verifies addresses in the ward. What if a ward bishopric chooses to re-assign that task to an assistant ward clerk- or the membership clerK?

I agree with your general point that permissions for many tasks will need to be delegated to assistant clerks. But in this particular example, the task is already delegated. The beta-maps.lds.org app allows assistant ward clerks, even including finance clerks, to verify the geocoded address locations.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

boomerbubba wrote:I agree with your general point that permissions for many tasks will need to be delegated to assistant clerks. But in this particular example, the task is already delegated. The beta-maps.lds.org app allows assistant ward clerks, even including finance clerks, to verify the geocoded address locations.
thank you for the clarification...

From the help file:
Only the following ward leaders are authorized to maintain and update household location information using LDS Maps. The names of authorized leaders are defined by MLS. (See MLS Main Menu/Organizations/Bishopric/Add Positions. This opens a list of the following bishopric positions.) The executive secretary does not have rights to maintain or update location information in LDS Maps.
  • Bishop
  • First counselor
  • Second counselor
  • Clerk
  • Assistant clerk
  • Assistant clerk (finance)
  • Assistant clerk (membership)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:. . . it's pretty clear that only Stake Presidents, Stake Clerks, Bishops and Ward Clerks have access to the Leadership tools currently. I'm not sure about other members of the Stake Presidency. I haven't seen any posts indicating one way or another.
Our stake has not played in this sandbox because the stake president, who is not technically savvy, delegates this work to his counselor, who does not yet have access.

For all I know, the stake clerk may be dabbling. But he does not say anything because there is no one to say anything to until permissions are expanded.

Some day. We are very patient here. [grin]
Sparky

Access level by calling

Post by Sparky »

I would agree. I believe they simply have not separated the permissions to view disciplinary information. I was the ward clerk and recently got called to be the second counselor in the bishopric and was sorely surprised when I no longer had access to the lists I once had access to online, even though I can view them in MLS.
jltware

Post by jltware »

Wow, this is really exciting. I had no idea the dream of doing your MLS work over the internet from home was so far advanced. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

As a side note, the whole beta site looks absolutely brilliant, and the integration of various lds sites into the one with a login required to view restricted sites is a marvellous idea. Whoever is the brains behind this beta site, keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing it go live!:)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”