Training Forum -- for beginners

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
jadenn001-p40

Training Forum -- for beginners

Post by jadenn001-p40 »

What if we had a training forum that could take users from the beginning and train them to be useful. I am having a hard time trying to use my limited skills to help, and would like to be more help, but I know I need more training to do so. But I need direction to know what to do next.

What if we had some kind of organization like Moses, with captions over 10's 100's and 1000's. What if we had new users train under more advanced users.

I would be willing to train, if I knew what I was supposed to be training on.

Maybe this already exists, but if so, I haven't been able to find it.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jadenn001 wrote:What if we had a training forum that could take users from the beginning and train them to be useful. I am having a hard time trying to use my limited skills to help, and would like to be more help, but I know I need more training to do so. But I need direction to know what to do next.

What if we had some kind of organization like Moses, with captions over 10's 100's and 1000's. What if we had new users train under more advanced users.

I would be willing to train, if I knew what I was supposed to be training on.

Maybe this already exists, but if so, I haven't been able to find it.
Can you be a little specific? What training are you referring to?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jadenn001 wrote:What if we had a training forum that could take users from the beginning and train them to be useful. I am having a hard time trying to use my limited skills to help, and would like to be more help, but I know I need more training to do so. But I need direction to know what to do next.
If you are referring to clerks, are you familiar with the existing online clerk training? That's a great start for many topics. The wiki also has the beginnings of some Training checklists.
jadenn001 wrote:What if we had some kind of organization like Moses, with captions over 10's 100's and 1000's. What if we had new users train under more advanced users.
For clerks, this basic principle already exists; stake clerks are supposed to train ward clerks, and ward clerks are supposed to train assistant ward clerks and quorum secretaries.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”