YMYW Attendance Tracking App

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
raklet-p40

YMYW Attendance Tracking App

Post by raklet-p40 »

My stake wants to more thoroughly track attendance of our youth at Sacrament meeting, class meeting, MIA, and home teaching (where applicable). They are interested in having a monthly summary of number enrolled, average attendance, and number not attending any meeting. They also want a list of names of those youth that have 50% or less attendance at any of those meetings along with how many meetings were actually attended.

I wrote a php application that does all of this. There are three simple screens - input members, enter attendance, view report. The report screen also provides the option of outputting the report as a pdf file.

I've bundled the application with a micro apache / php server and use sqlite as the database backend. The whole thing has been packaged in an installer. The installer places all of the files in a single directory on the c: drive and it places two shortcuts on the desktop. The program is completely stand alone and requires no other packages in order to run. To run it, one only has to click on the start icon on the desktop. When done, click on stop to shut down the webservice.

If anyone is interested in using such a program, I would be glad to freely share it.

Here are some screenshots:

*Screenshots removed*

*New Screenshots with fictional data*
ImageImage
ImageImage
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Good idea. Looks nice and clean.

I do hope that the names and DOBs in the screenshots are fictional.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Where does the data for the application come from?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

jdlessley wrote:Where does the data for the application come from?

I wondered that myself. From the screenshots, it looks like it is keyed in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm mildly curious about the tracking of Sacrament meeting attendance. In all the years, I've never seen that tracked for any group. It's almost as if there's a policy against it. Like others, I hope the data in the screen shots is fictional.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
raklet-p40

Post by raklet-p40 »

jdlessley wrote:Where does the data for the application come from?
The data has to be keyed in.

I've wondered about Sacrament meeting attendance as well, but I was told that is what they wanted....

Ooops....forgot to use my test database. Thanks.

Screenshots removed.
raklet-p40

Post by raklet-p40 »

Ok, new screenshots up with fictional names.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote: It's almost as if there's a policy against it.
I don't know of any policy against it, although I don't know of anyone who actually tracks it, either.

Most YM/YW leaders will want to be aware of this, but often it is the other way around--they show up for sacrament meeting and don't stay for other meetings.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”