Stake MLS access

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
jltware

Post by jltware »

How long is this accelerated update function supposed to have been included? It has been months since I tested it, so I could be mistaken. But it did take days if not weeks to come through in the past. This might just be our office, or it might be that it has improved in the later versions since I last checked it out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jltware wrote:How long is this accelerated update function supposed to have been included? It has been months since I tested it, so I could be mistaken. But it did take days if not weeks to come through in the past. This might just be our office, or it might be that it has improved in the later versions since I last checked it out.
I don't know exactly, but it has been well over a year in the US and Canada. I think it has even been more than 2 years.

But it's certainly conceivable that this process varies in different administration offices, so there could be delays outside US/Canada. You'd have to do some experimentation, or contact your administration office to discover how it works in your area.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:I think it has even been more than 2 years.
At least two. But I have gotten the impression from other posts, especially in Europe, that the area office has some function in intercepting MLS transmissions and processing them, so the times may be different.

In the US and Canada, events used to be processed once a day around midnight. At some point several years ago, they switched to processing transactions every 8 hours, then every 4, and then every hour.

I think some transactions are done almost immediately now. I know that almost any membership record we request on Sunday is available by activity night, and any record requested during the week is available to the unit by Sunday morning.

So, if this is not happening in Australia, there really is something else going on in the loop, and my nickel would point toward the area office.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”