iward or istake on Android OS?

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
malandro95

Ward Roster

Post by malandro95 »

Ward Roster is still on Amazon Marketplace. Sometimes google has issues with the market and apps are not visible. I have noticed it with other apps as well.

As a side note, Ward Roster now supports the MLS 3.1.1 that was pushed out recently.

Does anyone know how widespread MLS 3.1.1 is? Do all wards have it now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

malandro95 wrote:Does anyone know how widespread MLS 3.1.1 is? Do all wards have it now?
They should. The beta was only a week. It's now "live".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
terrysduncan

try stakecentral or wardcentral

Post by terrysduncan »

Try stakecentral or wardcentral. They both pull the data down like iward and istake.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

tsd wrote:Try stakecentral or wardcentral. They both pull the data down like iward and istake.

Thanks for the link. I have tried Ward Central, and it seems to work fine as an offline ward directory on my G1.

But, according to the developer's blurb on the Android Market:

Seemless download of ward directory information directly from the lds.org website over secure encrypted connection

this app does not pull the data down like iWard and iStake. It apparently does it better, because it complies with Church policy by using a direct connection between the handheld app and the website, while those iPhone apps do not.

I have not yet confirmed Ward Central's security claim empirically. (I can't get Wireshark to sniff my WiFi network from my Windows laptop.) But I expect to find a way to verify this before updating my ward data again. The developer's description, which is embellished by more detail within the app, seems pretty ironclad on that issue.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”