Spanish Hymn lyrics

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
dwrightway-p40

Spanish Hymnal for Organists

Post by dwrightway-p40 »

What I would like to see is a spiral bound hymnal for Spanish. I play piano and organ at Church and I'm often called to play for our Spanish branch. I do see that they now have a chart that links the hymns to the English version, but when I try to follow them with the lyrics, I get lost.... Does anyone know where I can get a book such as this?
My next step is to buy a regular hymnal and break it apart. and get it rebound at Kinko's or someplace like that, so they will stay flat on the piano and organ.
It is so annoying when the pages start turning all by themselves... in the middle of a hymn.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

dwrightway wrote:What I would like to see is a spiral bound hymnal for Spanish. I play piano and organ at Church and I'm often called to play for our Spanish branch. I do see that they now have a chart that links the hymns to the English version, but when I try to follow them with the lyrics, I get lost.... Does anyone know where I can get a book such as this?
My next step is to buy a regular hymnal and break it apart. and get it rebound at Kinko's or someplace like that, so they will stay flat on the piano and organ.
It is so annoying when the pages start turning all by themselves... in the middle of a hymn.
It's not the full hymn book, but there is the "Hymns Made Easy. Spanish" item. The URL is far too long to cut-and-paste, but I found it by going to lds.org -> Order Church Materials, then entered "hymns" "spanish" and "spiral" as search terms. It's item number 31249002.

Edit: You can click on this link to go directly to the item: Hymns Made Easy. Spanish.
baxtere

Still waiting for the Spanish Hymn Lyrics

Post by baxtere »

I went to LDS.org (Spanish language version) today to find the Spanish hymn lyrics. In the past, I have at least found PDFs of hymns as found in the hymnbook. Today, I can't find any reference to the Spanish hymns. And still no page with just lyrics (like there is on the English site) that can be copied directly into a program. Seems like that would be a very simple and useful thing to provide.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”