LDS Forums

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
bradweech

Any Resolution?

Post by bradweech »

Was there any resolution to this? We have several Wards in the Stake who's auxilaries have blogs e.g. provident living - where ideas are shared with all of the relief society. I've recently been asked to find out if this is OK. Is it OK?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BradWeech wrote:Was there any resolution to this? We have several Wards in the Stake who's auxilaries have blogs e.g. provident living - where ideas are shared with all of the relief society. I've recently been asked to find out if this is OK. Is it OK?
I doubt that you'll see any definitive answer. In my opinion, the best answer in the thread was this one:
RussellHltn wrote:I think the best way to understand the policy is that it is binding on church units and leaders. It's not intended to regulate personal behavior.

It is acceptable to create and participate in a forum about a calling, such as a forum of Primary Leaders.

It crosses the line when a forum for a specific unit like the "Springfield 1st Ward Primary" is created.

At least that's my understanding of the policy.
It sounds to me like you are saying that a specific ward's auxiliary has a blog. That also seems to me to cross the line, but it is the responsibility of the bishop and ultimately the stake president to be aware of the policy (linked to above, and also referenced from the Church Handbook of Instructions in the first post), and then make a decision for the specific case. Those priesthood leaders will know the specific facts and they also have the keys to make the decision within that particular stake/ward.
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

James_Piper wrote:I would think that any Yahoo! group or similar that is Ward based could be a breeding ground for gossip. I also think people can get funny when they find out that people are talking about them on the internet.
:eek:

Interesting. In over a decade, I haven't seen that become a problem in SA groups or facebook sites. Nor have I seen that in the last several years on YSA groups or facebook sites. Granted, this is not a broad-based scientific study, but is merely my experience.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”