Emergency Prep - Geo Zone Action Map Idea

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
RossEvans

Re: Emergency Prep - Geo Zone Action Map Idea

Post by RossEvans »

aebrown wrote: In any case, emergency preparedness needs may not dovetail with home teaching routes, so it's a valid request for the maps tool to support emergency prep zones.
I agree completely. Not only is this a valid request, it echoes similar requests made by others in this forum over the years. For example, in this thread started exactly one year ago today.
ggllbb

Re: Emergency Prep - Geo Zone Action Map Idea

Post by ggllbb »

I have struggled with this issue. I am a councilor in a very small (by membership/leadership) and at the same time a very large (by area of about 1000 square miles) branch. The membership does tend to be clustered which helps, but the branch president lives 70-80 miles from the center of the branch, probably 20-30 miles from the nearest member and I live 14 miles up a steep curvy mountain road from the closest but one of the members and probably 50-60 miles from the furthest. And, I didn't mention that I work an additional 65 miles further away. On top of all that, we are in the middle of a high earthquake probability area.

Having said that, I agree that the ideas suggested make sense in many cases and might even be helpful, although not a complete solution in our case. However, a maps tool could help us with planning.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”