Making conference podcast feeds great again

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
quandmeme

Making conference podcast feeds great again

Post by quandmeme »

There was a time when the conference podcasts feeds were perfect. There were what, six of them for English alone. But they were great.
The feeds went down hill in 2012. I would love to get an email to the decisionmakers to share a devoted consumer's feedback (because my opinion is sooo valuable). Can anyone point me towards who I should try to get in touch with?

The use case is more casual/ubiquitous consumption. There are times when you sit down with the Ensign and feast and times where you are in traffic and want to graze. So my proposition is that a feed that has every talk and every song for the past two years is inconvenient given the current crop of feed managers and subscriptions. I'm an iPhone user and like the podcast app but I had the same feelings when I was using an MP3 player that synchronized with a PC.

1. My favorite: the AAC (i.e. bookmarked) feed with each session is my idea feed. I can leave off and pickup and skip around easily. October 2012 initially had some sessions in German, now the links do not even point to a download.
2. What I would love to have: the mp3 of the whole session as a separate feed. As of October 2012 the separate feed with just each whole session was mixed in with the individual talks and songs.
3. The audio and video feeds with each track separate is something I still use and I think others still use too. It is not in the grazing mode, however. It is when I want to play a clip for FHE or for a church lesson. Then I don't have to keep my place in the whole session I'm just dealing with the track I want. For mobile users it means that if there is a talk that was recommended, I don't have to wait for the whole session to download (1 or 2), I can jump right in. But in these cases I am willing to scroll through the 40 tracks because I want to focus on one item not graze.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Making conference podcast feeds great again

Post by jdlessley »

syncretic wrote: I would love to get an email to the decisionmakers to share a devoted consumer's feedback (because my opinion is sooo valuable). Can anyone point me towards who I should try to get in touch with?
There is not a direct communication method available to reach the decision makers for this issue. The most reliable method to provide feedback is to use the feedback link found on the LDS.org home page or any other LDS.org page with the feedback link. The General Conference page has this feedback link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”