allow ability to email all youth and all parents of youth

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
sasgrw

allow ability to email all youth and all parents of youth

Post by sasgrw »

The ward website is a great tool and being able to email members from there is very helpful. However, there are a few simple groupings that would make it even more useful. Currently, when you go to Ward Organizations, all you see is:
  • High Priests
  • Elders
  • Relief Society
  • Priests
  • Teachers
  • Deacons
  • Laurels
  • Mia Maids
  • Beehives
  • Adults
When you click on that organization, you can then email all the members of that organization.

It'd be nice if there was an 'All Young Men', 'All Young Women', and 'All Youth' grouping so that you could email the youth about an upcoming joint activity or campout or service project or dance or whatever. For now, I have to click on each group and click on the 'Email all Priests' (or teachers or laurels, etc) and have it bring up an email where I can copy/paste the list of email addresses and append them to a longer list.

The 'send a message' feature from the leader resources website has these groupings, at least for 'All Young Men' and 'All Young Women'. It doesn't have 'All Youth'.

A second feature that would be helpful is a 'Parents of' grouping so that I could email the parents of all young men or the parents of the laurels or the parents of all youth or the parents of primary. (The latter, parents of primary, is available in leader resources, although it's labeled as 'all primary children'. It actually uses the household email addresses and not the primary children's email addresses.)
Gary_Miller

Re: allow ability to email all youth and all parents of yout

Post by Gary_Miller »

sasgrw wrote:It'd be nice if there was an 'All Young Men', 'All Young Women', and 'All Youth' grouping so that you could email the youth about an upcoming joint activity or campout or service project or dance or whatever. For now, I have to click on each group and click on the 'Email all Priests' (or teachers or laurels, etc) and have it bring up an email where I can copy/paste the list of email addresses and append them to a longer list.
Why not just place the activity on the calendar and flag the event to be e-mailed out a certain number of days before the event. That way everyone who is subscribed to the calendars will get an automatic e-mail.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Gary_Miller wrote:Why not just place the activity on the calendar and flag the event to be e-mailed out a certain number of days before the event. That way everyone who is subscribed to the calendars will get an automatic e-mail.
Yes, we do that, but this isn't just for activities. Sometimes you have to email parents about camp permission forms or send a reminder about working on family file for an upcoming temple trip, etc.
jkolva

Post by jkolva »

I was thinking of taking this idea one step up. A phone tree. Several members do not have an Email listed. Their are times when a message needs to go out and reach members quickly. A phone tree, the ability to call several numbers at once, would help leaders to notify members quickly. Both would be helpful, the ability to Email and or call certain groups, such as mentioned, elders, primary youth to notify members of an activity or if an activity time or location has been changed.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”