Interview scheduling app for ward/stake executive secretaries

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
deane

Post by deane »

Gary_Miller wrote:Its not multiple calendars on the same screen. Its calendar layers on one calendar that you can see at the same time.

Well, that turned out to be a problem--layers that overlap each other and therfore reduce readability. In some cases (different appointments occuring at the same time for two different leaders), one entry completely obscured another. Also, sometimes I need to schedule appointments of only 15 minutes duration, and that so vertically truncated the entry as to make it illegible. Is there a way to expand the time scale up to 15 minute increments from the standard 30 minute increment? Having to select and de-select other subscribed calendars all the time was also annoying. And then there's the slow response/reload time. Definitely not iCal. Basically, I don't think the Calendar function in LDS.org was desigend to be used for scheduling appointments for multiple people simultaneously!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

deane wrote:Well, that turned out to be a problem--layers that overlap each other and therfore reduce readability. In some cases (different appointments occuring at the same time for two different leaders), one entry completely obscured another. Also, sometimes I need to schedule appointments of only 15 minutes duration, and that so vertically truncated the entry as to make it illegible. Is there a way to expand the time scale up to 15 minute increments from the standard 30 minute increment? Having to select and de-select other subscribed calendars all the time was also annoying. And then there's the slow response/reload time. Definitely not iCal. Basically, I don't think the Calendar function in LDS.org was desigend to be used for scheduling appointments for multiple people simultaneously!
One thing we attempted is creating a resource (like a rec property ball diamond or pavillion) that was called SP Interviews. We could then setup each of the presidency as resources. We could then schedule times and 'book' a member of the presidency.

Issues like everyone else has had... the calendar was so unreliable, particularly on Sunday's.... the synch with Google so you can synch to your mobile phone broke every time the church made changes, or updates, or fixes.... It was just that much harder to do.. very disappointing for our presidency, it makes me wonder why the big push to get off LUWS. I'll admit I think the Calendar has made some great enhancements and the team is responsive probably the team that does it the best at CHQ to date.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
roblad

Re: Interview scheduling app for ward/stake executive secret

Post by roblad »

I schedule 15 minute interviews for a Stake President all by e-mail. Every time I make a change to the "email calendar" message, I just send out the updated message. Not very eligent but it is very easy to work with.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”