LDS Leadership Meeting Manager

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
fraserredmond

Post by fraserredmond »

Hi Eric,

I'm interested in seeing this too - but I notice theres no longer any files in the downloads area on sourceforge. Any ideas when there might be something to see again?
tcpaki

Post by tcpaki »

redzarf wrote:Hi Eric,

I'm interested in seeing this too - but I notice theres no longer any files in the downloads area on sourceforge. Any ideas when there might be something to see again?

hi redzarf,
i've been emailing back and forth with eric about some changes/additions etc to the LDS meeting manager app. i've been working on stabilizing the app (which will now be based around swing rather than SWT), and hope to post something very soon (provided eric approves the changes).
having said that, there's still a few things to do, but the plans we have are exciting! It will be good to get useful, usable tool into this space.
keep a lookout on the sourceforge site over the next couple of weeks.
cheers,
tamati
epoulin-p40

Continuing Development

Post by epoulin-p40 »

Just an update on LDS Meeting Manager. Tcpaki (previous post) has taken an interest and is furthering the project. He's rebased it on a bunch of common libraries. I am looking forward to see where its at soon. He's sent me some screen shots of the re-based UI - it looks nice :)
Eric Poulin
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
gshosford

Looks Interesting

Post by gshosford »

I'm a relatively new bishop and this looks interesting. Are there any plans to make it suitable for a mobile device such as a Pocket PC, etc? It would be nice to have on a mobile device in the leadership meetings. Currently, I am relying on MS Outlook. Although it is better than notebooks it leaves a bit to be desired.

Also is anyone working on a application to manage calling submittions, approvals, issuing the callings, sustainings, settings apart and loading into MLS?

It would also be nice to have an electronic form for conducting meetings that linked with releasing and sustaining information from the callings management application.

Unfortunately, I am not IT person but know just enough to get visualize what ought to be possible but get myself in trouble when I try it.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

gshosford wrote: Also is anyone working on a application to manage calling submittions, approvals, issuing the callings, sustainings, settings apart and loading into MLS?
Check out this thread.

Tom
jfackerson

Post by jfackerson »

Is there any future work planned for LUWS which would allow secure Organizational Events Calendars and Planners, specifically accessable only by those already assigned to LUWS Leadership positions? Just a thought, not a sermon.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”