Mission President Digital Transfer Board

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
tje633

Mission President Digital Transfer Board

Post by tje633 »

The Mission President usually has a big board in his house or office where he has the names and faces of all the missionaries in his mission. He spends a lot of time throughout the transfer praying and moving missionaries around the board until he gets it just right. Each missionary "card" has information such as where they have served, who they have served with, what leadership positions they have had, if they can drive, and other various information about the missionary that might help the Mission President make a decision on where he should go. To have this white board digitalized could be a huge tool because then he could possibly carry it around with him on his iPad or other handheld device and make changes to it throughout the day as he recieves revelation, as opposed to having to wait until he gets home to mess with the board. It could have options for him to reset the board to how it currently is, edit information on each missionary, add new missionaries, delete returned missionaries, and add other customizable information that is easily visible from the full view such as who he thinks is ready for leadership or is ready to train a new missionary etc.
mwholt

Post by mwholt »

Great idea. In fact, This is already done and has been in use for some time. It's called IMOS (Internet Mission Office System) and the church has been developing it for a couple years now. I think most missions have adopted its use, at least many in the US.

However, it doesn't replace the physical whiteboard for most mission presidents, at least not yet. I know that mine was very particular about using it in various ways to receive revelation and only used the digital one as a tool after the fact.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Tje633 - are you serving in a mission or mission office? If you need more information on how transfers are done in IMOS, you can contact the Global Service Center (1-855-537-4357 or Help@ldschurch.org). IMOS is now available for all missions worldwide, and almost all of the features found therein are dependent on transfers. I work with the IMOS product management team (I'm in the Missionary Department), so feel free to contact me privately if you have any questions, concerns, or other general comments regarding IMOS functionality.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”