Tablets @ The Temple Verifications.

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
Mrodone

Tablets @ The Temple Verifications.

Post by Mrodone »

Hi! My name is Martin Rodriguez and I am very excited that the church is using all this technology for the benefit of everyone! My question is awkward, but, i work at the Los Angeles Temple and I wonder if we are ever going to use the TABLETS for verification. I know it may sound fancy, but, i think we have the technology and abilty to do it!

Well, thank you for your time! Hope to hear from someone reading this thread!

Martin Rodriguez
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This sounds like a question that should be run up through the temple chain. Unless we get very fortunate to have someone associated with temple technology development visit these forums there is little likelihood there will be an answer forthcoming here. Most of the users of the forums are community members just like you and me. There are exceptions where the program managers and programmers specifically use the forums for feedback. Hopefully one of those folks will see this thread and make inquiries.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

What would be the benefit of using a tablet vs the current laptops?

Aaron Z
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

I couldn't see any benefit. The software would have to be rewritten to work on tablets, a laptop can cost the same as a tablet (the cheaper Android tablets probably wouldn't be powerful enough nor easily support bar code scanners), and the space at the front desks isn't that limited.
rgme

Post by rgme »

For what it's worth, the temples I've visited recently have used Lenovo Tablet PC's, albeit in laptop mode.
jacobstimpson

Post by jacobstimpson »

I have friends that work in the Temple Department Computer division (but I don't so don't take this for what is worth) and just know that all technologies are being evaluated where a cost savings can occur. The current software used for verification is an older system that is written in VB and so if a rewrite is deteremined necessary I am sure that tablet devices will be considered if they can implement proper data security as is used in the temples. One of the biggest challenges with tablets is the need for wireless networking which has not been approved for use in temples.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”