Gospel Principles Class

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
Mac-p40
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Gospel Principles Class

Postby Mac-p40 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 am

I would like to suggest that information for the SS Gospel Principles class be added to MLS. Currently, there is nothing in MLS that pertains to the SS Gospel Principles class.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20762
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:29 pm

What kind of information?

Mac-p40
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Postby Mac-p40 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:02 am

RussellHltn wrote:What kind of information?


The Gospel Principle class isn't listed in MLS. Consequently, there's no way to assign members to this class or print a corresponding attendance sheet. To answer your question: I would like the same information that is available for all the rest of SS classes listed in MLS for the Gospel Principles class (I think the information for all the SS classes listed in MLS is uniform). To do that, however, a Gospel Principles class option will have to be made available in MLS.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Adding a Sunday School class

Postby aebrown » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:37 am

Mac wrote:The Gospel Principle class isn't listed in MLS. Consequently, there's no way to assign members to this class or print a corresponding attendance sheet. To answer your question: I would like the same information that is available for all the rest of SS classes listed in MLS for the Gospel Principles class (I think the information for all the SS classes listed in MLS is uniform). To do that, however, a Gospel Principles class option will have to be made available in MLS.


Even though Gospel Principles is not a default class in MLS, it's easy to add the class. It will then function exactly like any other SS class. Just do the following:
  1. In MLS, go to the Organizations screen.
  2. Click on Sunday School (under Bishopric/Other Callings)
  3. In the Classes section, click on Add Class (upper right corner of that section)
  4. Enter the name for the Class, and an optional room number (leave the membership rules blank)
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the members for the class
  7. Click Next, then confirm for each member what classes they are removed from.
  8. Review the summary
  9. Close and Save
Now when you go to print Rolls and Lists, you will see the new class and can print a roll as with any other class.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20762
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:49 pm

As Alan indicates, it's not hard to add a class - if that's what you want to do. There's nothing wrong about printing multiple Sunday School sheets and then circulating them among the different adult classes. That allows the membership a little more freedom to attend where they feel comfortable. It all depends on what works best for everyone involved.

Mac-p40
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Postby Mac-p40 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:Even though Gospel Principles is not a default class in MLS, it's easy to add the class. It will then function exactly like any other SS class. Just do the following:
  1. In MLS, go to the Organizations screen.
  2. Click on Sunday School (under Bishopric/Other Callings)
  3. In the Classes section, click on Add Class (upper right corner of that section)
  4. Enter the name for the Class, and an optional room number (leave the membership rules blank)
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the members for the class
  7. Click Next, then confirm for each member what classes they are removed from.
  8. Review the summary
  9. Close and Save
Now when you go to print Rolls and Lists, you will see the new class and can print a roll as with any other class.



Thanks, I appreciate your help. I never thought of adding the Gospel Principles class this way; since the other SS classes are pre-programed in MLS, I automatically thought that the GP class would have to be pre-programed in MLS, too. Anyway, thanks again.

daryl1
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central California

Postby daryl1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Mac,

Alan_Brown helped me with this some time ago. Go to search type in Sunday School then look for the title "MLS Organization (Sunday School) issue.

Regarding the membership rules one must enter 200 for the minimum age during year and leave minimum age at year end blank. All other options leave as default settings.

If you do not fill in 200 for minimum age during year, MLS 2.8 will at the start of the new year, automatically fill in any one age's 0-1 years old in that class. If you leave membership rules ages blank, then data will corrupt and a complete reset will be necessary for the whole Sunday School Organization at the start of a new year.

This is a bug that needs to be repaired in a future MLS edition so membership rules do not apply to these courses. Thay way members can be added and removed as necessary during the year from the data base.

Gospel Principles is not the only default class missing. :D

Family History Course
Temple Preparation Couse
Marriage & Family Relations Couse
Also missing is a place for the Materials Center which is under the direction of the Sunday School. Librarian's ect...

Mac-p40
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:50 pm

Postby Mac-p40 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Mr. Techno wrote:Mac,

Alan_Brown helped me with this some time ago. Go to search type in Sunday School then look for the title "MLS Organization (Sunday School) issue.

Regarding the membership rules one must enter 200 for the minimum age during year and leave minimum age at year end blank. All other options leave as default settings.

If you do not fill in 200 for minimum age during year, MLS 2.8 will at the start of the new year, automatically fill in any one age's 0-1 years old in that class. If you leave membership rules ages blank, then data will corrupt and a complete reset will be necessary for the whole Sunday School Organization at the start of a new year.

This is a bug that needs to be repaired in a future MLS edition so membership rules do not apply to these courses. Thay way members can be added and removed as necessary during the year from the data base.

Gospel Principles is not the only default class missing. :D

Family History Course
Temple Preparation Couse
Marriage & Family Relations Couse
Also missing is a place for the Materials Center which is under the direction of the Sunday School. Librarian's ect...


Thanks, Mr. Techno. I'll have to apply what you suggested in your post.

Coincidentally, I just added all the SS classes applicable to our ward last night. I suppose I'll just have to updated our SS classes as per your suggestion.

I agree, there are a lot of SS classes that aren't in MLS. The good thing is I now know how to amend that.


Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest