Epson H 683 A Projector

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
gloschatsr

Epson H 683 A Projector

Post by gloschatsr »

I have checked several (5 each) Epson [*] H 683 A [*] projectors and found that the HDMI1 input is not working. Epson has not returned an answer to my query.
Has anyone else found this problem on Church issued Epson H 683 A projectors?
It could be that purchasing got a good deal since the motherboard might be defective. Since HDMI2 is operating the equipment is usable, but, is this the kind of equipment Epson puts on the market?
gloschatsr@gmx.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Epson H 683 A Projector

Post by russellhltn »

Is that the correct model number? I tried to look up the manual and I'm not finding anything for that model.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gloschatsr

Post by gloschatsr »

The number does not show up, but Epson said to use Powerlite 955WH which is not the same and has three HMI inputs. I think it is just one of those things to live with.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

PowerLite 955W is the line, H683A is a specific model. I have H582A which only has one HDMI port. I don't know as I've ever used it.

Looking at the manual, HDMI1 is HDMI only, while the HDMI2 is HDMI/MHL - which is used with certain tablets and handheld devices. So, if you've been doing your testing with a mobile device, that may be the problem.

You can find more information on page 33 - the manual can be found here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gloschatsr

Post by gloschatsr »

I had read page 33 on the manual and I understood that I can plug my laptop into HDMI1 for normal operation. The visual on page 33 shows that both HDMI inputs can be used. The projector can not find the HDMI 1 input signal from a Dell Laptop.
Since we would not use two HDMI inputs at the same time we will just make a notice that HDMI1 is inop.
Thanks, this is going nowhere.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gloschatsr wrote:I had read page 33 on the manual and I understood that I can plug my laptop into HDMI1 for normal operation.
Assuming your laptop has a HDMI port built-in, I'd think so. But if you're using any kind of adapter cable, you may need the HDMI/MHL to power the adapter. MHL also seems to add some video standards beyond what baseline HDMI support. In sort, it may not be inoperative - it may just not be compatible with your computer. The fact you've tried 5 projectors suggests a compatibility issue.

If you really want to test the HDMI1 port, I'd suggest using a DVD player.

gloschatsr

Post by gloschatsr »

I have used a dvd player to try HDMI1, no go.. The thing is that I have only checked three Epson H683A which I have in my Stake. The other two I was made aware of when I visited other Stake Conferences in Salt Lake and the Tech asked me if I know why the HDMI1 is not working. I told them that I had found the same thing. Now what?
It is too bad that you do not have one of those miracle machines. We could settle this thing. In the meantime, 73's, K7KTV.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gloschatsr wrote:I have used a dvd player to try HDMI1, no go.
Interesting. No idea why that should be.

gloschatsr

Post by gloschatsr »

Thanks.

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”