Stage LIghting

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
roblad

Stage LIghting

Post by roblad »

For years, I have been looking for a clean / cost effective replacement for the current church standard 20 150 R40 flood lamps that are attached to the first and 2nd boarder of the stage. There are a lot of very expensive solutions but I found one that works great and was not expensive. It involves two 12 foot lengths of folded steel that have five LED strips stuck on them. Two $50 DMX controllers were mounted on the channel iron. This has safety, cost, energy, heat, maintenance, and performance benefits. The LED strips were the most expensive items in the project. This has been up for four years not and there have been no broken, burned out, or mis-aimed bulbs. ;) It is much brighter that the R40s were.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stage LIghting

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting idea. What type of LEDs? White, or did you go for RGB? A quick look seems to suggest most cheap DMX controllers require a 12V power supply. I'm guessing you have one that takes 120V? I'd like to see more detail in the materials used.

I'd caution that since this is modifying the building, it should be done with cooperation with the FM group since it's their building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
roblad

Re: Stage LIghting

Post by roblad »

Yes the DMX controllers requires a 12 volt power supply. The bar I made used RGB and was used for the 2nd border. If I were to build one for the first border, I'd use RGBW

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”