PowerPoint slides with Hymns

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
cameronk

PowerPoint slides with Hymns

Post by cameronk »

Good afternoon all,

First time poster here.

I was wondering if anybody knows or has all the Hymns in a PPT format. (English, French, Spanish)

We use these for Stake Conferences so members will be able to sing along with the hymns. (we do not have nearly enough books to hand out so everybody has one)

Anybody know where I can look. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: PowerPoint slides with Hymns

Post by sbradshaw »

We usually project PDFs of the hymns from LDS.org, and have a person responsible for scrolling the PDF during the singing. If you have an iPad with the LDS Music app and a cord to plug into the projector it's even easier. If you just want text, you could also bring up the words on LDS.org and use your browser to zoom in:
https://www.lds.org/music/text/hymns/th ... d?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
roblad

Re: PowerPoint slides with Hymns

Post by roblad »

Having these all available would be nice. What we do is to cut and paste the text of each verse from off of lds.org onto individual slides. The lyrics are white on black. We put one verse per slide and then switch slides at the end of each verse. If there is a chorus, we either put the lyrics on the slide for each verse or use two slides per verse. The words have to be pretty big to have good readability. We use picture in picture to put the chorister in the upper right corner. We have a congregation facing camera which is used for the background. The song lyrics are then overlaid as big as we can get them, on top on the composite image using keying to remove the black background on the slides with the lyrics. This has worked well for us.

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”