How quick are we able to get General Conference Broadcast Download Files?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
dpavid

How quick are we able to get General Conference Broadcast Download Files?

Post by dpavid »

With GC this weekend, we're being asked to replay the Priesthood session 4 hours after the live broadcast. How quick is it before the 1080 broadcast is available to download? We have a 4-hour window and don't want to rely on streaming it. I'm a new STS so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How quick are we able to get General Conference Broadcast Download Files?

Post by russellhltn »

I don't recall the church ever committing to a "ready by" date/time for broadcast files. The best you can hope for is what others have experienced in the past. I'd suggest recording the session off the satellite system. If you can download the files, great. If not, you have your recording.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How quick are we able to get General Conference Broadcast Download Files?

Post by lajackson »

dpavid wrote:With GC this weekend, we're being asked to replay the Priesthood session 4 hours after the live broadcast.
I am quite certain you will be able to stream it, but I have never seen the download files available that quickly. The first satellite rebroadcast is nine hours after the live session.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”