Conference problems on Roku and lds.org?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
mevans

Conference problems on Roku and lds.org?

Postby mevans » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:42 am

While I was at the church yesterday tending the satellite, my family couldn't get conference to work on the Roku...it just never started the program. I'm not sure if they tried both the Mormon channel and the BYU channel, or just the Mormon channel. They're asleep now, so I'll find out later. They ended up going to lds.org on a computer to watch conference.

Meanwhile, I was a the stake center and when I was trying to figure out the clicking problem on the satellite, I tried going to lds.org on my laptop to watch the conference. It never started for me there. I ended up going to the BYU TV web site and was able to get conference to work there.

So, it seems like some of the streaming systems weren't working as well as they normally do...

mevans

Re: Conference problems on Roku and lds.org?

Postby mevans » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:38 am

I'm looking at things this morning at home on our Roku (during Music and the Spoken Word):
  • LDS Channel: doesn't work. If I press Play or Play All, the screen blinks and comes back to the Play/Play All screen.
  • BYU TV Live: works.

And on LDS.org, if I choose to watch general conference live, it's showing Saturday's conference, not Music and the Spoken Word. It's been so long since I've had to watch things on LDS.org, I don't know about Music and the Spoken Word. I thought I remembered seeing it live on LDS.org in the past. Do they now show it now?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”