Regional Broadcast September 13th

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
sydnee.burr

Re: Regional Broadcast September 13th

Post by sydnee.burr »

sbradshaw wrote:We received information about the multi-stake conference from our area office. It will be broadcast live from the BYU Marriott Center at 10:00 AM. There will be a rebroadcast at 1:00 PM.

15 of the Provo YSA stakes and one of the Provo Married Student stakes are assigned to attend there, at the Marriott Center (I have the full list if you'd like). Everyone else will receive the meeting by broadcast.

We've been told that there won't be a leadership training or Saturday session associated with the conference since it's not taking the place of a regular stake conference. However, the regular three-hour block will be canceled.
Do you know of a church building address that will be rebroadcast at 1pm?
mvhoover

Post by mvhoover »

any news, anyone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Regional Broadcasts are not available to the general membership, so they're not broadcast like General Conference. There may be the ability to stream for members, but that should be worked out with the priesthood leaders ahead of time as there's usually only a limited capacity. So that's usually reserved for shut-ins.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Your bishop and/or stake president would have information about streaming the conference at home, if it's available. Because it's a regional, not a general, conference, as mentioned above, the local leaders are the ones to go to for the specific streaming information (which may vary from stake to stake).

I don't know where it will be rebroadcasted at 1:00 – I know that it won't be rebroadcasted to the Marriott Center.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SisterCarsonTaylor

Post by SisterCarsonTaylor »

Will there be any way to access the talks given at this broadcast in the future? Will there be a PDF or written format? If so, where would I look for it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SisterCarsonTaylor wrote:Will there be any way to access the talks given at this broadcast in the future? Will there be a PDF or written format? If so, where would I look for it?
I've never seen regional broadcasts show up elsewhere.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

In the past, I've seen a link show up for about a day at https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/stake-co ... e?lang=eng. The link is for a live-stream, not a recording, and it disappears soon after.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

These have not been available after-the-fact in the past, nor have the messages spoken been available. My SP asked one time for the transcript of one of the addresses and was told they were not made available. This, of course, could change. There are a bunch of Internet comments from E. Ballard's presentation, so maybe that one will go up and some point to clear up confusion.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
theglenjamin

Post by theglenjamin »

Also would like to know if there is going to be a replay, or if this broadcast will become publicly available to download / review.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

These types of broadcasts have NO precedence for being available after-the-fact, to this date they have never been publicly available to download / review. It is also not anything 'special' these kinds of broadcasts have been happening for decades. Stake Conferences have a very particular format on a 2 year repeating cycle. There is 1 broadcast from SLC (like this one with E. Ballard) (sat session led by SP) then one with an Area Authority, then one led by the Stake President, then one with a General Authority.

There has been a caveat lately that 'regional' or 'area' 'special' conferences are held at times in addition to stake conference that are broadcasts.

And, to this point-in-time, they have not been made available publicly afterwords for download / review.

Could something change for this one? Unlikely, but time will tell.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”