VLyriC Update: software for displaying hymn lyrics on video

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
inventor96

VLyriC Update: software for displaying hymn lyrics on video

Post by inventor96 »

Hey all,

A while back, LDS Tech member cboling made an application called VLyriC. I've made a few updates to it (with his permission, of course) and I'm hosting the 'new' application on Source Forge. You can find it here.
Enjoy!
prestonmarx

Re: VLyriC Update: software for displaying hymn lyrics on vi

Post by prestonmarx »

I'm looking to do this very thing at stake conference in a couple of weeks. I've started playing with it and have a couple of questions:
It isn't showing the highlighted text, but the line below that. Not a huge deal, but threw me off.

can I move the text to be bottom center aligned?
I've just been playing with a local video, but will try it using a stream from the stake center this weekend.

Thanks for a great tool.
inventor96

Re: VLyriC Update: software for displaying hymn lyrics on vi

Post by inventor96 »

preston.marx wrote:It isn't showing the highlighted text, but the line below that. Not a huge deal, but threw me off.
Could you provide a screenshot of both what is shown in VLC and what the window looks like in VLyriC?
preston.marx wrote:can I move the text to be bottom center aligned?
The VLC marq module has several different positioning options:
VideoLAN.org wrote:marq-position <integer> : Marquee position: 0=center, 1=left, 2=right, 4=top, 8=bottom, you can also use combinations of these values, eg 6 = top-right. (0.8.6d and prior: This is only used if marq-x or marq-y are negative). default value: 5
The example Init file positioned both marquees as you are wanting to do, but VLC has its own adjustments based on screen resolution, dimensions, etc. Something to keep in mind as you play around with positioning...

See https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Modules/marq/ for the full documentation on the marq module.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”