Broadcast Recording Distribution

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
Rod-p40

Puzzled

Post by Rod-p40 »

In HOI book1 page 183 it says"Taking photographs or making video recordings in chapels is not permitted" Wouldn't this include Stake Conference whether a General Authority is there or not. We have a video feed at Stake Conf. that shows it to another building but I don't believe it is recorded.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Rod wrote:In HOI book1 page 183 it says"Taking photographs or making video recordings in chapels is not permitted" Wouldn't this include Stake Conference whether a General Authority is there or not. We have a video feed at Stake Conf. that shows it to another building but I don't believe it is recorded.
This is one of several references made in the Church Handbook of Instructions (CHoI). After further research I did find more in the CHoI. In Chapter 9, Church Policies. Under the heading "Recording Talks or Addresses"...
Church members should not record talks or adresses that General Authorities and Area Seventies give at stake conference, missionary meetings, or other meetings. Members may record broadcasts of general conference on home equipment for personal, noncommercial use.
I could never find the letter that I remember reading that restated several CHoI references in regard to recording talks and addresses.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”