FHC Logins/Usernames and passwords, administrator access

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
schester

Post by schester »

RussellHltn wrote:
- The icon doesn't appear in other logins (that's easy to fix)
I suspect that is the true source of the problem now that I have a greater understanding of what is going on, and especially since I couldn't even find the program to test the needed rights.

Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know if that was the true source of the problem. I guess that backs-up with my normal assumption that the problem is on the physical layer, either the cable or the user on the keyboard!
Bizegrama

FHC Logins/Administrator Access

Post by Bizegrama »

Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in as a FHC Director.:)

I think Administrator access depends the FHC Director. As director, I do all the computer work myself. Mainly because we are geographically distant from the STS and because I can do the work myself it saves time, etc. We are a small FHC that is open all day one day a week.

Recently the hard drive died on one of our FHC computers and I replaced it, reinstalled software, etc. Without that computer we could not print paper copies from the microfilms for our patrons.

I make sure all the updates are installed, booting up to Administrator mode when I first open the center and then switch it over to Patron mode.

If the director is not knowledgable about computers than access probably can be restricted. Inventory Manager program can be used from the Patron mode or Administrator mode depending on rights granted.

Return to “Family History Centers”