Windows 7 Image

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
jaybobx
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Windows 7 Image

Postby jaybobx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:18 pm

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am a newly minted Tech specialist looking to get my hands on a copy of the Windows 7 image I've heard about. When I search the help section of Familysearch for Windows 7 I get results the following :

Search results for Windows 7 : 10 articles found
Windows 7 Enterprise will not activate
End of support for Windows XP
Loss of family history center equipment due to theft, vandalism, or damage
Office Activation
Installing new Lexmark printer on Windows XP Computer at family history center
Windows 7 activation issues
Family history center Windows 7 upgrade process
Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise Version 1.0 Family History Center Desktop Image (2014)
Windows 7 64 bit installation
Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise Version 4.0 Family History Center Desktop Image (May 2015)

Every line there is a link, however no matter which one I choose I always get "article not found" is there something that I'm missing?

Jacob Burdette

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm

I think this is the page you're looking for:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/local- ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby Biggles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm

sbradshaw wrote:I think this is the page you're looking for:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/local- ... s?lang=eng

Unless I'm mistaken the OP is looking for the W7 Enterprise image for FHC purposes, not the W7 image for Clerk computers.

The W7 image (10.7Gb) for FHC's can only be downloaded, in an authorised FHC, via the FH Application Finder app found on an existing FH computer. It is designed to be installed on a minimum size 16Gb memory stick (Also leaves plenty of space for printer drivers and other utilities). The downloaded image is 'burned' to a memory stick using a 3rd party utility. The recommended one, from memory, is called Rufus which I have used successfully on other images. I think there are instructions on how to obtain and burn the image in the Application Finder app.

Sorry if my instructions are a bit disjointed, but typing this on a 'pad and relying on a senior memory!

Please inform us of the outcome!

jaybobx
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby jaybobx » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 pm

I am looking for the enterprise image for FHC as Biggles pointed out. The application finder is what has been elusive to me.

If I understand correctly I should be able to find the app on one of our existing FHC machines.

drepouille
Senior Member
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Plattsmouth, NE
Contact:

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby drepouille » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Correct. In fact, if you open the Tivoli item in the system tray, you may even find a new version of the FHC Application Finder waiting to be installed.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby Biggles » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:45 pm

jaybobx wrote:I am looking for the enterprise image for FHC as Biggles pointed out. The application finder is what has been elusive to me.

If I understand correctly I should be able to find the app on one of our existing FHC machines.

Bit late in the day, but the image should be downloaded when logged in as Administrator!

jaybobx
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby jaybobx » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. I found what I've been looking for. I should've made this post a month ago :)

User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby Biggles » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:48 pm

jaybobx wrote:Thanks for the help everyone. I found what I've been looking for. I should've made this post a month ago :)

Glad we were able to help!

As a bonus, someone elsewhere on the forum mentioned this as well, the image also installs a recovery partition. In the future, if any problems, no scrabbling around to find that elusive media stick!

User avatar
rl_albright
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby rl_albright » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Biggles wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:I think this is the page you're looking for:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/local- ... s?lang=eng

Unless I'm mistaken the OP is looking for the W7 Enterprise image for FHC purposes, not the W7 image for Clerk computers.

The W7 image (10.7Gb) for FHC's can only be downloaded, in an authorised FHC, via the FH Application Finder app found on an existing FH computer. It is designed to be installed on a minimum size 16Gb memory stick (Also leaves plenty of space for printer drivers and other utilities). The downloaded image is 'burned' to a memory stick using a 3rd party utility. The recommended one, from memory, is called Rufus which I have used successfully on other images. I think there are instructions on how to obtain and burn the image in the Application Finder app.

Sorry if my instructions are a bit disjointed, but typing this on a 'pad and relying on a senior memory!

Please inform us of the outcome!


I am having a problem downloading the image for the ThinkCentre 5205, our FHC currently only has a T1 line in it. (I am working on getting it increased but it is slow going.) I took one of the computers home where I have a 50Mb pipe, and unfortunately the web-filtering is not present on my home network (go figure :lol: :lol: ), how can I go about getting the appropriate image?

Thank you

User avatar
rl_albright
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA

Re: Windows 7 Image

Postby rl_albright » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Nevermind. I simply took the machine to my stake center and plugged it in to the Cisco Firewall and downloaded the files there. We have a 15mb connection and it took care of it in about 3 hours.


Return to “Family History Centers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest