FHC + 881w + Filtering Problem

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure that you have the most recent download from FamilySearch for those files. They keep changing them in response to problems found.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

bronislav wrote:ronaldc, do you find solution?

I have the same issue. I'm trying to install Tivoli for FHC and Sophos 10 for FHC, but neither first nor second package can't proseed to installtions. "This is computer is not web filtered." Is call to GSC only one option?

I have a partial solution, that only applies to the FHC computers. Also will have a limited affect on any church connected computers. Main problem was a recent small update sent out to the 881w's, if you try to access a blocked page and get a screen that says "Session Timeout" then that 881 is affected. All you have to do is call CHQ and ask them to change the filter level in your 881 from "General to Legacy" wait one minute and change it back. I have had three of our 881's affected by this and it does work.

After fixing the web filter both Tivoli and Sophos install as they should.
Roland
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

RussellHltn wrote:Make sure that you have the most recent download from FamilySearch for those files. They keep changing them in response to problems found.
Tried that right before calling again, did not help.
Roland
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Saw the workarond, and that indicates to me something is still out there that is related to the 5505's as I've seen that 'session timeout' message appear on an FHC network at a standalone FHC that still has a 5505.

The blocked site was a Youtube video embedded using standard embed code from Youtube itself is on the billiongraves.com website (BillionGraves is a FamilySearch affiliate). Sometimes I see the proper filtering message, sometimes I see the 'session timeout' message where that embedded Youtube video would appear when I work on the site at home (they have an indexing-type page on the site where you transcribe headstone inscriptions).

So I think the filtering may actually still be there, but something else is going on, and if so is it something that makes the other security software overall think it's still on an ASA 5505?

Return to “Family History Centers”