FamilySearch Indexing for Mac

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

What project did you index? Most are census records right now but there are one or two other projects that are different as well. If you did two different projects, even within the 1900 Census, was the bug consistent from one project batch to the other?
Jesse Smith-p40

Post by Jesse Smith-p40 »

Thor0128 wrote:I have notice a couple of small bugs, it seems the line numbers when indexing get off by one or two lines when they are highlighted in the upper screen, I have done 2 batches and it has happen on both. :confused:
That happens a lot. To fix that, go to View --> Adjust Highlights.

Then on the image, go to say the bottom left corner and match that up with the bottom left of the home number box, the first one to the left out of three.

Then go to the bottom right, at the bottom of the Birth locations, where you got states and maybe countries listed. To the right of those you'll see three boxes. Match it up right with the bottom right of the first box, the year of immigration box. Then go up and do the same at the first box. Then go to the very left and match the Home number box. It should now match pretty well.

Then go back to View --> Adjust Highlight to get rid of that adjustment stuff.

You will have to do that any time you start a new batch and it's off, and any time you close the application and came back later to continue.

I can make little screen shots of the corners if they would help.
bhuntzi

Re: FamilySearch Indexing for Mac

Post by bhuntzi »

If you are still having a problem opening the indexing app then go here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?view ... cale=en_US
Click the download link at the top to download the installer file, then click the downloaded file to install Java se 6 following the prompts that appear. Do not follow the link to http://www.java.com at the bottom of the page because it will only give a later non-compatible version of Java.
enoyes

Re: FamilySearch Indexing for Mac

Post by enoyes »

I just got done indexing an obituary on my macOS Sierra which I have been doing for many years. I got the message that to send it I had to install new indexing software. Exactly how do I install this new software?

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”