family search indexing program not working on linux

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
sreque-p40

family search indexing program not working on linux

Post by sreque-p40 »

I found a previous thread on this topic, but it was over six pages long and did not seem to contain any answers to my problem, so I am starting a new thread. I run Kubuntu 8.10 with Sun's java 6 update 11. Whenever I launch the family search indexing jnlp with javaws, I see a progress bar for a download, which, when complete, closes and gives way to another window informing me that an update has been completed and that I should start the application again. However, when I do so the same scenario repeats itself over and over. The previous thread suggests a problem related to write permissions on a file /etc/.java, so I reran the jnlp as root to ensure that write permissions were not an issue, but again the application continued to re-download the same files and instruct me to run the program again no matter how many times I ran javaws as root.

Any help for this issue would be much appreciated, as we would like to participate in the indexing project using linux.

Thanks,

Sean Reque
sreque-p40

Oops

Post by sreque-p40 »

Oops. I failed to notice that the linux thread I found through google on this subject is actually on the front page right now. Sorry!

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”