Indexing program with small font

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
chrispulver

Re: Indexing program with small font

Post by chrispulver »

Also be sure your familysearch indexing options has the text size set to "largest". a mixture of the 300% windows display settings with largest text size in indexing makes it very usable now. :D
agrimes

Post by agrimes »

I found using the magnifier (Windows 10 on a Surface 4 Pro) helps a great deal. It is cumbersome, but it allows me to see the entry field text.

To open Magnifier on a keyboard, press the Windows logo key‌ and + (plus sign).
potterallison

Post by potterallison »

I am using a Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10. I am having the same problem and have tried all of the above. The magnifier is too cumbersome to make it practical to use. Apparently the software needs to be updated to today's standards. Before advertising the current 75 hours of digitizing, they should have tasted the software on newer laptops and pcs with Windows 10.
danielloveland

Post by danielloveland »

Yes, this needs to be fixed as all laptops made within the passed 2 years are high resolution.
km1ward

Post by km1ward »

we have the same issue, as does everyone I know that updated to Windows 10. Everything is small, and it doesn't matter even on the 24 inch monitors. I have patrons complaining as well! Yes, we have gone into settings and made the recommended adjustments
noliver818

Post by noliver818 »

Agreed that this is a major usability problem for indexing on new PCs. It's almost unusable even with the suggested workarounds. The app needs to be fixed to scale properly to 4K monitors or even HD monitors. I can't imagine using this for any length of time as it currently is.
sjohnson3

Post by sjohnson3 »

Please let us no if there is a work around or update coming. My surface pro will only show microscopic text that is unusable. Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There is an update coming in the form of a new, browser-based indexing system, which will hopefully be out within the next few months (though the expected release date has been pushed back a few times). Having a browser-based indexing program has several advantages, including easier onboarding and compatibility with a wider range of modern devices.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”