Linux Indexing Installation Fails

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
machupicchu2014

Linux Indexing Installation Fails

Post by machupicchu2014 »

So I've looked through this forum for an answer to my issue. I've found several things related to Indexing on Linux, but nothing for my specific issue.

So I've downloaded the Indexing_unix.sh file and I've attempted to run it with "sudo sh 'Indexing_unix.sh'". It gets to the "Preparing JRE" step, and then gives the error "The architecture or bitness (32/64) of the bundled JVM might not match your machine." Now I've seen others have this issue. However, I am on a 32-bit PowerPC machine, whereas everyone else who has this issue seems to be on a 64-bit Intel machine.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be done to make the installation work? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just let me know if you need more details.
leejj

Re: Linux Indexing Installation Fails

Post by leejj »

I'm not sure about getting it to work with Indexing, but a web beta is in the works that you can request an invitation.

https://lds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1ZZvRcRZ7NcGQMR
machupicchu2014

Thanks, I didn't know about the beta. I kind of figured we'd just have to wait for the online version of Indexing to come out.
machupicchu2014

Well, some good news: I managed to get it to work. I installed it on my Intel Macbook and then transferred some files over. Thus far, it seems to be working.
munaish

Post by munaish »

It works with the Windows emulator, Wine, now (it didn't used to work as well). So, it should work on both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux. Here's a link to the Windows indexing software installation:

https://indexing.familysearch.org/downl ... indows.exe

The system I tested it on with Wine was Xubuntu 14.04.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”