Online Version of Indexing Program

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Version of Indexing Program

Post by russellhltn »

He's just making sure. I'll bet sooner or later someone will ask if they can index on a chrome stick. :mrgreen:
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Online Version of Indexing Program

Post by aebrown »

drewmov67 wrote:I have a friend in my ward who is in college using a chromebook who would like to index but obviously can't use the current application. Is there anyway she can get the web app or is that by invitation only.
The new web-based indexing application is available only to selected authorized groups of people (such as FamilySearch employees). I don't know of any way for those not in those selected groups to gain access.
drewmov67 wrote:I'm a Family History Consultant and Stake Indexing Assistant Director so am interested in when the web based Indexing system is going to be available.
The simple answer is that it will be available when it's available. I know that's not very helpful, but there have been no announced dates.

However, you can try out the beta version of the web-based indexing system to become familiar with it. Records you index with the beta won't actually become part of FamilySearch's record collections, but at least you'll know more about what's coming so that when it is made public you'll already be up to speed.

To try the beta, click here.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”