Windows 10 and LDS Tools

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for Windows 8 Pro and RT.
MikeB51

Windows 10 and LDS Tools

Post by MikeB51 »

Hi All.
I'm having trouble with my LDS Tools as it won't sync. I was going to delete/uninstall it but I can't find out how. It does not show up in Programs & Features in Control Panel, (Neither does Gospel Library), and there doesn't appear to be an uninstall menu option. Would skp please advise me how to do it. I will then re-install and see if that fixes the issue.
Thank you for any help and kind regards,
Mick.
carsonm

Re: Windows 10 and LDS Tools

Post by carsonm »

The windows 10 apps are very easy to uninstall. No need to go to program and features in control panel. Select "Windows" then all apps, select the app you want, and right click on it and then select uninstall (if you don't have a touch screen) or "tap and hold on the app" and choose uninstall (for those with touch screens)
MikeB51

Post by MikeB51 »

Solved, thank you so much Carson I really appreciate your help.
scottlyscott

Post by scottlyscott »

When I tried to uninstall LDS Tools it didn't work. I click on the uninstall button but it is still in there so I can't download a new copy and it won't update so I am stuck. Any ideas? I am getting the message "LDS Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." in the middle of the syncing process.
cwhansen69

Post by cwhansen69 »

Where can I go to download lds tools for my pc with windows 10?
sir_hammer

Download LDS Tools on W10

Post by sir_hammer »

You won't be able to download LDS Tools through the Windows Store by directly searching. This is because the application is no longer supported.

A workaround does exist. Open up the Gospel Library app (not the newer, beta version, but the older version). Click on the gear icon, which opens the settings. You will see the option "Other Apps"; click on it to expand the menu and click on "LDS Tools".

You may be given a prompt to open another app; click yes, which opens the Windows Store. Install LDS Tools like you normally would, then run the program.

That should do it.

Return to “Windows 8 LDS Tools”