Gospel LIbrary won't load on Surface Prol

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jackwdoxey

Gospel LIbrary won't load on Surface Prol

Post by jackwdoxey »

I have a Surface Pro that was recently reset. I can download Gospel Library (and the gospel library Windows 10 beta), I have download each multiple times and even reset the apps, but each time when it asks if I "would like to download common books to get me started" if I say "yes" or "no" or "skip" it will not load. I'm using Windows 10 Home N v 1809. Prior to the Surface reset, I was it was working properly. Is there a specific Windows 10 version that I need to be using for the app to work? Any other suggestions?
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Gospel LIbrary won't load on Surface Prol

Post by spencerto »

I'm not sure if there is something specifically missing from the Windows 10 Home N version that would cause an issue, but I suspect it should work fine. There is a new update shipping (v5.0.8) of Gospel Library. See if that version works better for you. If you are still having issues, send an email to GospelLibrary-win@ChurchOfJesusChrist.org and they can help you further.
jackwdoxey

Re: Gospel LIbrary won't load on Surface Prol

Post by jackwdoxey »

I figured out a solution. Windows 10 N is a special version for Europe (they also have a KN for Korea). This version lacks some of the windows media technology (like Medial Player). There is a "Media Feature Pack for Windows 10N" free from Microsoft. I installed that and Gospel Library works great. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”