Gospel Library is not working

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

edwin.gonzalez

Re: Gospel Library is not working

Post by edwin.gonzalez »

Downloaded gospel beta library in August 15th, the beta version is now working like a charm. Thanks for the quick fix. Will try the prod app later.
Pringles1

Post by Pringles1 »

Those that have the new 4.2.3 beta or 4.2.4 production version. Do your videos also load correctly? Test videos in the general conference category as well as videos in the video category. Please report if they play as expected or If you receive an invalid source error or conference videos will not load. Please report with your OS build and version number again. Thank you!
martin_mortensen

Post by martin_mortensen »

I have a simalar issue with a lenovo K3011W tablet. And Windows 10 Home 1511. But I don't get as far. The initial splash screen comes up and then closes, no error message. re-installing and rebooting don't help.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

On the Lenovo tablet, If you can move up to Windows 10 Home 1607 or newer on your tablet (may need to do some firmware update if possible and clear up some space on it, I think you might have a better experience.
Iarere

Post by Iarere »

I'm using a Surface Pro 4 and I still can't get Gospel Library to function correctly. Right now I can't get it to load in. When I try, it opens up, shows me that it's version 4.2.4.0 and it does the whole "signing in to lds.org, No catalog update, Syncing annotations, Syncing Notebooks (all green checks), and check for role based content (red x)"

It just has the spinning dots and does nothing...I've tried rebooting, letting it sit (all night in fact). This is a regular occurrence. Seems like I can't use this app on my tablet/pc.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

For the Surface Pro 4, my guess is to use the app reset option in the Windows 10 Settings/Apps/Features component to "reset" the app, not uninstall the app. Not knowing what version of Windows 10 (not the edition) you are running on the Surface Pro 4 currently, I can't give you more precise directions on how to do it. If you are in the Apps/features Settings, and you have choose the Gospel Library app, and then choose "advanced options" that it where you would find the "reset" option.
bertabockholt

Post by bertabockholt »

I just got a new Iphone11 yesterday and can’t install the gospel library. The old version was not working so I deleted it and tried to download it again. Repeated the process several times with rebooting in between attempts. What can I do differently
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bertabockholt wrote:I just got a new Iphone11 yesterday and can’t install the gospel library.
You might want to give it another try. The church website was acting really odd last night. That might have affected the ability for GL to download what it needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bertabockholt wrote:I just got a new Iphone11 yesterday and can’t install the gospel library.
By "can't install Gospel Library", do you mean that the App Store fails to complete the download, and the app never appears on the iOS home screen? Or does the app show on the iOS home screen, but then have problems opening? Does it sit on the splash screen for a while, then time out and the app closes? Or does it open to a screen that says an internet connection is required to install starting content?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
shawnsalisbury

Post by shawnsalisbury »

I just rec'd update to v5.0.19 and it riddled with bugs. If I start from a prior bookmark in Gospel Topics -- tabs, related content, back, bookmarks all have issues. And that's just after a few minutes of usage. How does one revert back to v5.0.12?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”