General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jkentner

Post by jkentner »

On GL for Windows it doesn't show October 2017 at all. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling hoping it would force an update, which didn't work. Any ideas?
drepouille

Re: General Conference 2017 Not Updating

Post by drepouille »

I just installed the Gospel Library app on a Windows 10 PC, and the Oct 2017 General Conference is listed and usable.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

GL isn't updating on a Surface RT(win 8.1), my 2 Windows 10 Mobile devices, and my desktop(Win 10 build 1709). Though I did not try and uninstall/reinstall on the desktop. Dana, did you do anything specific for it to show up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jkentner wrote:GL isn't updating on a Surface RT(win 8.1), my 2 Windows 10 Mobile devices, and my desktop(Win 10 build 1709).
What version are you installing? Win8 can't get the most recent version. And "build 1709" would be quite old. I'm running Win 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.674).

Older versions of GL access an older content store that doesn't get timely updates - if it's updated at all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Psst - This thread seems to have drifted into a Windows thing. I thought it was originally under an iOS heading?
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

Biggles, good point, I found this thread via search. Sorry, I won't post here at this spot anymore, I will move over to the Windows GL section.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Psst - This thread seems to have drifted into a Windows thing. I thought it was originally under an iOS heading?
Fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
egsteedster

Post by egsteedster »

This thread come up under the Windows section. I Have a Surface RT that is having the same problem of not seeing the latest GC. How do we fix this?
dundane

Post by dundane »

I am seeing the same thing for both General Conference and Magazines older than July
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Gospel Library for Windows is only supported on devices running Windows 10 Anniversary Update and newer, though the app should still run on all versions of Windows 10. Versions of Gospel Library on versions of Windows prior to Windows 10, including Windows 8, 8.1, and RT, are not supported and will not be receiving further updates. As the Church has elected to stop producing content for legacy versions of Gospel Library that use an old format for content, including version 3 for iOS and Android and version 2 for Windows, users of these versions of the app should also not expect to receive updated content.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”