Gospel Library for Windows 10 Version 4.0.0.0

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

LanceLenhart

Re: Gospel Library for Windows 10 Version 4.0.0.0

Post by LanceLenhart »

how do you download media like videos. i dont see that option anymore. im running version 4.0.7.0 and windows 10 pro.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

russellhltn wrote:
ToManyLetters wrote:As we volunteers on the Windows team don't develop the application (a dedicated internal team at the Church does), we won't be able to fix this issue.
Did you mean to say "content"?
I did indeed. What a typo. That's what I get for trying to respond right while racing out the door to Church.
LanceLenhart wrote:how do you download media like videos. i dont see that option anymore. im running version 4.0.7.0 and windows 10 pro.
Version 2 never had the feature in an capacity. Videos that are not embedded into the content (like a video of a general conference talk) can be downloaded via the download arrow in the Media ribbon (at the top of the screen).
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
LanceLenhart

Post by LanceLenhart »

are they never going to have that option for downloading media like in the lessons? that needs to be added. that is a great feature in the phone app and the website.
moakesharon1

Post by moakesharon1 »

Does this have the narrator on it? I cant find it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LanceLenhart wrote:are they never going to have that option for downloading media like in the lessons? that needs to be added. that is a great feature in the phone app and the website.
Unlike GL for iOS and Android, the Windows version is a 100% volunteer effort. It's behind, but they intend not just to get on par, but to pass the other versions. But it will take time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

moakesharon1 wrote:Does this have the narrator on it? I cant find it.
It does, though the media ribbon won't appear if you're running a severely out of date version of Windows 10. The media ribbon appears between the Annotate and View ribbons at the top of the screen.
handcuff

Post by handcuff »

In a Windows installation (Surface Pro 2017, installed the 'standard version, not the beta), how do you 'escape' from immersive mode? I double click to ENTER immersive mode, but don't know how to EXIT out of it without exiting the entire application. I've tried double-clicking again, escape, clicking on the title bar, several gestures, etc. Can't find anything that's intuitive to me. Any help?

Thanks
-Scott
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Double clicking does indeed get you back out of immersive mode. Just make sure that when you're double clicking, you're doing it in the content (what you're reading) rather than the outer UI portion of the app.
mtaylor36

Post by mtaylor36 »

ToManyLetters wrote:jimnilson and varner4,

If you haven't already, visit the Settings app in Windows and ensure that your devices are up to date, running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update or newer. (Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates). You'll want to ensure that your devices are running build 14393.x or 15063.x (check at Settings > System > About).

If you are running the most recent version of Windows 10, try resetting the app back to initial installation status:

1. Open the settings app.
2. Search for Apps and features and tap or click it.
3. Find Gospel Library in the list of installed apps and features.
4. Click on Gospel Library.
5. When the options expand, select "Advanced options". (If you don't have this option, you need to go back to updating Windows, as you are NOT running either the Anniversary Update or the Creators Update.)
6. Tap or click Reset.
7. Wait a moment, then relaunch the app.
8. At this point, you should be able to go through the initial startup process.

Will this delete all my notes and annotations?
rlbis76

Post by rlbis76 »

With this latest update I can no longer access data in any book. It lets me open the book but when I select a chapter it takes me back out of the book.
I can't update to the latest version of windows 10 because of limited disk space. Is there anything I can do?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”