Topical Guide & the Bible Dictionary

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile
johansenva

Topical Guide & the Bible Dictionary

Postby johansenva » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:08 pm

1) Bible Dictionary: When will the "Preface" be available?
2) Topical Guide & Bible Dictionary: It would be much more convenient to have an initial A, B, C, etc., screen which would enable faster access to topics rather than having to scroll through the whole alphabet each time. Is this a future possibility?
Thanks for all your work!

ToManyLetters

Re: Topical Guide & the Bible Dictionary

Postby ToManyLetters » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Whenever the content team makes it available. We don't control content, just the app.

2) Topical Guide & Bible Dictionary: It would be much more convenient to have an initial A, B, C, etc., screen which would enable faster access to topics rather than having to scroll through the whole alphabet each time. Is this a future possibility?

This is already in the app. When you first open either, the screen moves to the ABC list. On phones, you can tap the letter and it will similarly bring up the jump list.
Have a bug to report for Gospel Library for Windows v4? Check the Known Issues to see if it's been reported. (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_Preview_Issues)
Also visit the FAQ. (tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8_FAQ)

ToManyLetters

Postby ToManyLetters » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:01 pm

This is already in the app. When you first open either, the screen moves to the ABC list. On phones, you can tap the letter and it will similarly bring up the jump list.

The letter tapping also works with the library flyout on the tablet/desktop version of the app.
Have a bug to report for Gospel Library for Windows v4? Check the Known Issues to see if it's been reported. (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_Preview_Issues)

johansenva

Postby johansenva » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks for the quick reply -
However, when I open the Bible Dictionary or the Topical Guide on my Samsung Tablet, the initial screen lists ALL of the topics and I have to scroll through all of them each time. Is there a settings change I need to implement so that just the ABC list comes up first?

ToManyLetters

Postby ToManyLetters » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:51 pm

johansenva wrote:Thanks for the quick reply -
However, when I open the Bible Dictionary or the Topical Guide on my Samsung Tablet, the initial screen lists ALL of the topics and I have to scroll through all of them each time. Is there a settings change I need to implement so that just the ABC list comes up first?

No, there is no setting to disable the jump list. It is the default behavior on Gospel Library for Windows. The screen should look like the attached screenshot below. What are you seeing?

Capture.PNG
(26.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:35 pm

@johansenva, could you attach a screenshot or picture of your screen?
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

rsidwell

Postby rsidwell » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:51 am

ToManyLetters wrote:

Whenever the content team makes it available. We don't control content, just the app.

Does anyone on the content team follow these forums? If not, what is the best place to ask questions like this?

ToManyLetters

Postby ToManyLetters » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:20 am

Does anyone on the content team follow these forums? If not, what is the best place to ask questions like this?

At present, there is no way. They are developing a new content platform for all of the Gospel Library apps. As they're tied up with that, they aren't really as concerned with issues present on the soon-to-be legacy versions of their content source. I expect they will make themselves more available in the future.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”