Gospel Library windows 8 -10

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jinhang

Gospel Library windows 8 -10

Post by jinhang »

I like it! Could use multiple "screens" like my android version has.
I would love to have a download media button because my class room is too far from the router and the church WiFi is as blazing fast as my galaxy tab version 1.
I am not sure how this option was missed. Most teachers using this app will appreciate knowing the media is there when it is needed.
ToManyLetters

Re: Gospel Library windows 8 -10

Post by ToManyLetters »

It isn't at all a matter of being "missed", it is a matter of having too few volunteer developers able to work on the app. As a result, critical features have been the focus instead of niceties like offline media access. Media management is planned, but we have to focus on the core app, critical features like Tags, Links, and Notebooks, and stability. Remember that, unlike iOS and Android, the Windows app is developed entirely by volunteers in their free time.

Consider this a public announcement that we NEED more C#/XAML developers.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
kschaerr

Post by kschaerr »

+1 on being able to download videos. I wanted to take my new ThinkPad with the Windows GL to a hometeaching visit and show a Mormon Message on Thanksgiving. I ended up using my old Android tablet because it has the download feature.

As is, the app is pretty fantastic. I'm just hoping I can completely ditch my Android tablet in favor of a Windows 10 machine! Thanks! --Ken
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

As I mentioned before, we need more hands helping, not more upvotes. We're working on squashing bugs and introducing features as fast as we can. If you know qualified developers that know X# and XAML who are willing to donate some time to serve the Lord by using their skills in the world of technology, please pass our need along.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
blm768

Post by blm768 »

ToManyLetters wrote:As I mentioned before, we need more hands helping, not more upvotes. We're working on squashing bugs and introducing features as fast as we can. If you know qualified developers that know X# and XAML who are willing to donate some time to serve the Lord by using their skills in the world of technology, please pass our need along.
Well, I've actually never played with C# or XAML, but I've studied a lot of other programming languages, and I learn quickly. Maybe I can at least start hunting some of the simpler bugs.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”