We will be regularly visiting this thread to work with users and to update this thread with more information that may be useful to you.
Symptoms of this issue
- When you attempt to download a book using Gospel Library for Windows, you receive the following error: Unable to download book. Exception from HRESULT: 0X80072EE4
- Other applications, like the Kindle app for Windows, may experience similar issues downloading content.
Steps to resolve the error
- Open the start screen and type "cmd".
- As cmd appears in the search results on the right side of your screen, right-click on the results and click "Run as administrator". On touch, press and hold on it and tap "Run as administrator". You MUST run cmd as an administrator for this to work.
- Type the following command in command prompt exactly and run it by hitting enter:dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Restart your device after the command completes.
- Open Gospel Library for Windows and check to see if it is now possible for you to download books in the application.
- Report back here and say whether or not this fix worked for you. The more information we can get about this issue, the faster we can help users resolve it.