Notes causing lds.org study tools to not function

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

john.rea

Notes causing lds.org study tools to not function

Post by john.rea »

I have just recently noticed that if I add notes to my Windows 8 Gospel library app, when I try to view them in lds.org I get a message saying "My study tools are currently unavailable" and the study mode option is no longer selected. Neither will it let me re select this option. If I select another page without gospel library notes the study tools become available again. However if I select "Open Notebook", it shows the categories with the number of notes in each category, but if I select one, it does not show the notes I have made.

I'm note sure if this is a gospel library issue or an issue with lds.org.
ToManyLetters

Re: Notes causing lds.org study tools to not function

Post by ToManyLetters »

I have also been seeing some issue with the Notebooks view in LDS.org since they updated their site. I'll pass your issue onto the developer working on annotations to see if it is something that can be fixed from our end.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
BrianAsh

Post by BrianAsh »

I am having the same problem. I make notes and highlights in my windows 8 gospel library app, and the changes don't show up on my iPhone or on my pc browser. Just like john.rea, I get a message in the browser saying "My study tools are currently unavailable" and I am unable to select the study mode option.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Let the LDS.org team know about the issues you're experiencing by using the feedback link at the bottom of the page on LDS.org so that they are aware their site is not functioning and can work on a fix for the issue.
paulalbertcramer

Post by paulalbertcramer »

BrianAsh wrote:I am having the same problem. I make notes and highlights in my windows 8 gospel library app, and the changes don't show up on my iPhone or on my pc browser. Just like john.rea, I get a message in the browser saying "My study tools are currently unavailable" and I am unable to select the study mode option.
I am having the same problem and trying to find out the answer to be able to sync. Please advice. Thanks. Paul
paulalbertcramer

Post by paulalbertcramer »

I am having the same problem with: My Study Tools are currently unavailable. Please advise. Thanks. Paul Cramer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

paulalbertcramer wrote:I am having the same problem with: My Study Tools are currently unavailable. Please advise. Thanks. Paul Cramer
I don't think it's the same problem as reported at the beginning of this topic. Rather, there seems to be a system-wide outage at this time. See this post.
daveyharrell

Post by daveyharrell »

I can't study consistently because the error message is happening so regularly. (Windows 10)
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

daveyharrell wrote:I can't study consistently because the error message is happening so regularly. (Windows 10)
This doesn't have anything to do with the necroed thread, which related to version 2.x of the app (which is no longer supported). I don't know which version of the app you're on on Windows 10 (4.1.8.0? Something older? The beta version?). Additionally, I don't even know to what error message you're referring, as you've not provided any context for the message you're getting. I need to know quite a bit more to help you with the issue you're experiencing.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”