a Suggestion and a bug

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

Triasmus

a Suggestion and a bug

Post by Triasmus »

This picture I've attached has both the suggestion and the bug in it.
The bug is that if I click the arrows to go to the next chapter the page goes too far. An edge of the page I want to read is cut off and I can see part of the page to the left. Swiping with fingers doesn't have that bug so I normally will just swipe, or I'll have to fix it by swiping without actually changing the page.

The suggestion is an extension of the coming tab feature. In the attached photo I have winGL and winGL beta open next to each other. Having the ability to multitask like that within the app itself would be a wonderful addition. I tried to look for if this had been suggested before and I didn't see it anywhere.
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
(433.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ToManyLetters

Re: a Suggestion and a bug

Post by ToManyLetters »

We've seen the oversliding issue before and have it recorded in our bug lists. It appears to be regularly associated with 1440p displays. Because the bug is fairly mild compared to others on our lists, it doesn't have a very high priority at present, but will be addressed in a future update.

Both tabs and split view are already planned features, but, like the bug you've reported, aren't super high on the priority list at present. They ARE coming, though--we just need time to address a few more pressing bugs and features. In the mean time, your best option is to continue to use the beta and non-beta versions of the app beside one another as you are doing at present.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
Triasmus

Post by Triasmus »

hmm... are we able to see the planned features and bug list anywhere? Or is it an internal list that's not available to the public?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The bugs lists change at a pretty rapid pace, so we don't keep a list of them available for the public, but the lists are available to members of the Gospel Library Windows team. Other lists like the requested features list, feature parity lists, etc. are similarly stored in places accessible by team members. Feature plans, releases, and bug information are discussed in weekly team meetings.

Those with the desire to provide useful testing feedback or to help program the application are always welcome to join the project here at tech.lds.org. Once you've joined the project, a member of the team will get in contact with you and help you get moving.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”