Multiple Pages

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows 8 Pro and RT.
rabullione

Multiple Pages

Postby rabullione » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Please forgive me if this is a silly issue for everyone, but I really value the function in IOS and Android versions of having multiple pages open simultaneously. This is a study function that is crucial to efficiency for me, and I wonder if it exists and I'm simply missing it or if it is not available for the Windows 8.1 version. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.

ToManyLetters

Re: Multiple Pages

Postby ToManyLetters » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:28 am

You're almost certainly talking about the "tabs" feature. This is a feature that's still under construction for the Windows version of the app and isn't available at present. You'll find in the interim, however, that most of its functionality is replicated by the "History" tab on the blue navigation bar.
Have a bug to report for Gospel Library for Windows v4? Check the Known Issues to see if it's been reported. (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_Preview_Issues)
Also visit the FAQ. (tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8_FAQ)

rabullione

Postby rabullione » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:42 pm

That is exactly what I needed to know, thank you. Is there any information on when a tab function will be available?

ToManyLetters

Postby ToManyLetters » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 am

We don't tend to give ETAs as we don't know ourselves when new features will be available. I can say, though, that tabs is on our list of most requested features, so it will likely be sooner, rather than later.
Have a bug to report for Gospel Library for Windows v4? Check the Known Issues to see if it's been reported. (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_Preview_Issues)
Also visit the FAQ. (tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8_FAQ)

Burk3629

Postby Burk3629 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:01 am

I love the history bar but would like to see it save where I last was in the reference material instead of going back to the beginning of a book or article.

Return to “Windows 8 Gospel Library”