How can I copy and Paste

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile
saltzgiverm

How can I copy and Paste

Postby saltzgiverm » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:45 pm

How do I copy and paste from Gospel Library to a document for a talk etc.

ToManyLetters

Re: How can I copy and Paste

Postby ToManyLetters » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:41 pm

There are two different methods you can use to copy and paste that will, at least for now, yield different results.

FOR KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OR KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD USERS
Method One:
Right click over a verse or paragraph. When you do this, the circular (radial) menu will appear. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will add a link to your copied text so that you can click on it to jump back to that content in the application.

Method Two:
Select the text you want to copy as you would select text in any other application. When you do this, the small ellipses bubble will appear. This is a small circle that will hover near the text you selected. Click the ellipses in the center of the bubble to expand the radial menu. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will copy the text only, and not add a link.

FOR TOUCH DEVICES (TABLETS, LAPTOPS WITH TOUCHSCREENS)
Method One:
Press and hold over a verse or paragraph. When you do this, the circular (radial) menu will appear. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will add a link to your copied text so that you can click on it to jump back to that content in the application.

Method Two:
Select the text you want to copy as you would select text in any other application. When you do this, the small ellipses bubble will appear. This is a small circle that will hover near the text you selected. Tap the ellipses in the center of the bubble to expand the radial menu. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will copy the text only, and not add a link.
Have a bug to report for Gospel Library for Windows v4? Check the Known Issues to see if it's been reported. (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_Preview_Issues)
Also visit the FAQ. (tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8_FAQ)

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”