Gospel Library Update

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows 8 Pro and RT.

Gospel Library Update

Postby bharline » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:34 am

As a Windows 8.1 user, I am anxiously awaiting a Gospel Library version were I can read, highlight, and make notes. Currently I am running an Atom Z2760 with Windows 8.1. Running Gospel Library and LDS Tools through Bluestacks has worked, not well, if I run the Android version 2.3.4. Once the highlight and note taking features are added, I can get rid of my apple devices and only bring one to church.

How is the new rendering engine coming? Can you provide a sneak peek of it? Will the LDS Tools for Win 8.1 be unveiled around the same time?

Hurry please! thank you for the update.

Re: Gospel Library Update

Postby ToManyLetters » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Gospel Library for Windows is coming along quite nicely, with the groundwork for annotations, highlighting, and linking being worked on now for inclusion in a later release. The new rendering engine for the app is great.

(201.2 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

(136.63 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

As for when it' coming out? We don't have an exact schedule for release aside from "when it's ready". Many people are diligently coding and testing the app so that it can be made available to everyone as soon as possible. We're vigorously testing an internal beta right now.
Have a bug to report? Check the Known Issues to see if it's been reported. (tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8_Known_Issues)
Have a question? Check the FAQ--you may just find your answer. (tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8_FAQ)

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 pm

I'm an iOS user, but I must say that the design of the Windows app here looks great!
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Postby bharline » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks for the update. The screen shot is great. Will it work with OneNote as other users suggested? If you need another beta tester, let me know. The Gospel Library...and then LDS Tools are the only things I am missing in Windows 8.

Postby rokent » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 pm

I would be glad to beta test as well.

Postby BowmanDH » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:23 am

We have just launched a public beta, you can get it from the Store at http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/gospel-library-beta/0d1425a4-8aa3-4353-9693-6aeeec2a95b2

Return to “Windows 8 Gospel Library”