Gospel Library for Windows Laptop

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ToManyLetters

Re: Gospel Library for Windows Laptop

Post by ToManyLetters »

If your laptops are running Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, you can find it in the Windows store.
Small, but important correction: the app only runs on 8.1 and 10. Windows 8 hasn't been supported since version 1.x, at least two years ago now.

That said, if your device is running Windows 10, you'll have a better experience with Gospel Library as the upcoming version of the app will only support Windows 10 and I wouldn't expect support for the 8.1 version (2.x) to continue for very long after its release.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
arcinc

Re: Gospel Library for Windows surface rt 8.1

Post by arcinc »

I have a Surface RT 8.1, and really need to install the Gospel Library, and if possible LDS Tools. I have spent a week trying to install these 2 programs, to no avail. it installed fine on a Dell-2-in-0ne, running windows 10, but I can't get it to even download on RT 8.1. I'd love to upgrade to windows 10, but have found that there is no upgrade from RT8.1 to windows 10. Can you please tell me how I can get the Gospel Library
installed on my Surface?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library for Windows surface rt 8.1

Post by russellhltn »

arcinc wrote:I have a Surface RT 8.1, and really need to install the Gospel Library, and if possible LDS Tools. I have spent a week trying to install these 2 programs, to no avail. it installed fine on a Dell-2-in-0ne, running windows 10, but I can't get it to even download on RT 8.1. I'd love to upgrade to windows 10, but have found that there is no upgrade from RT8.1 to windows 10. Can you please tell me how I can get the Gospel Library
installed on my Surface?
I think you're stuck. RT was an interesting idea, but Microsoft dropped it, so, there's no Win 10 RT. The device lacks the processor needed to run regular Windows.

The technology GL was written in makes it Win 10 (Universal App?) only. That would have allowed it to run on more devices such as phones, and I think even X box, but not on Win 8 devices.

LDS Tools for Windows was dropped as the church didn't want to pay for the security testing required to allow it to hold sensitive information.

The only suggestion I can make is to check out the deals on Cyber Monday. With your current machine being stuck at Win 8 RT, you're going to find that your problem goes beyond just church apps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”